Posts Tagged Social Commentary
Whenever Week 5 was: zombie behavior and possible social criticisms in Gakkou Gurashi, disappointment with the setting for Classroom Crisis, thoughts on the barrier in Rokka no Yuusha, and questions about the potential invasion of privacy with the cameras in Joukamachi no Dandelion.
America, Analysis, Beach Episode, Charlotte, Classroom Crisis, Comedy, Disappointment, Durarara!!, Food, Future, Gakkou Gurashi, Gatchaman Crowds, Hero, Joukamachi no Dandelion, Mad Scientist, Mystery, Negatives, Observations, Opinions, Questions, Ranpo Kidan: Game of Laplace, Rokka no Yuusha, Setting, Social Commentary, Space, Story, Technology, Themes, Twilight Zone, Vacation, Weekly Anime, Writing, Zombie
Last week: examining why Momoka dominates the comedy in Sabagebu!, a justification for why the educational segments in Yama no Susume Second Season are so enjoyable, enjoying the use of parallels in Zankyou no Terror and not understanding Japanese calligraphy at all in Barakamon.
Action, Akame ga Kill!, Aldnoah.Zero, Analysis, Animation, Art, Barakamon, Bullying, Captain Earth, Characters, Chemistry, Colors, Comedy, Creativity, Cultures, Death, Development, Direction, Education, Entertainment, Evil, Favorites, Fighting, Fireworks, Food, Glasslip, Hanayamata, Health, Japan, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Mecha, Observations, Opinions, Parallels, Persona 4, Personalities, Perspective, Questions, Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?, Romance, Sabagebu!, School Club, Seiyuu, Setting, Shounen, Shounen Fight Syndrome, Social Commentary, Sound, Space Dandy, Story, Storytelling, Style, Sword Art Online, Terror, Themes, Tokyo Ghoul, Tsundere, Unique, Weekly Anime, Writing, Yama no Susume, Zankyou no Terror
This week: why Flamenco Girl is evil in Samurai Flamenco, appreciating how Kyousogiga is reusing its material by expanding on its recaps, why the storytelling outdid the unique visuals in Monogatari Series Second Season, and questioning the schoolgirl uniform attire in Coppelion.
Analysis, Animation, Art, Biology, BlazBlue, Characters, Clichés, Clothing, Comedy, Coppelion, Development, Direction, Drunk, Ecchi, Emotion, Evil, Exploration, Favorites, Freezing, Friendship, Galilei Donna, Good, Health, Hero, History, Interactions, Kakumeiki Valvrave, KILL la KILL, Kyousogiga, Logic, Magi, Magical Girl, Mecha, Memories, Monogatari Series, Nagi no Asukara, Negatives, Non Non Biyori, Observations, Opinions, Perspective, Positives, Purpose, Questions, Recap, Romance, Sakuga, Samurai Flamenco, School, Sequel, Setting, Social Commentary, Society, Story, Storytelling, That's Not How Science Works, Treasure Hunt, Villains, Weekly Anime, Writing, Yozakura Quartet
This week: trying to find a weakness in KILL la KILL, complaints about the endless backstories in Kyousogiga, splitting the characters to revitalize Magi: The Kingdom of Magic, and trying to figure out what’s gonna happen in Gingitsune.
Analysis, Biology, BlazBlue, Characters, Clothing, Comedy, Coppelion, Development, Direction, Disappointment, Ecchi, Favorites, Fighting, Freezing, Friendship, Galilei Donna, Gingitsune, Hero, History, Improvement, Interactions, Kakumeiki Valvrave, Kemonomimi, KILL la KILL, Kyousogiga, Magi, Mawaru Penguindrum, Nagi no Asukara, Negatives, Observations, Opinions, Pacing, Personalities, Positives, Purpose, Questions, Samurai Flamenco, Science, Setting, Social Commentary, Society, Story, Storytelling, Team, That's Not How Science Works, Themes, Water, Weekly Anime, Writing, Youkai, Yozakura Quartet
This week: social commentary on social media in Gatchaman Crowds, questioning the ability of transformation in Uchouten Kazoku, realizing how Tamayura ~more aggressive~ is beginning to feel more like Aria and wondering what else Monogatari Series Second Season could’ve done with an older Hachikuji.
Alternative Timelines, Animals, Anime Industry, Aria, Characters, Communication, Demons, Development, Differences, Direction, Ecchi, Fate/kaleid linear Prisma Illya, Favorites, Feelings, Folklore, Food, Gatchaman Crowds, Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou, Improvement, Internet, Kakumeiki Valvrave, Kemonomimi, Monogatari Series, Observations, One Piece, Opinions, Personalities, Prison, Questions, School Club, Setting, Social Commentary, Social Media, Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C3-bu, Story, Storytelling, Tamayura, Technology, Time Travel, Transformations, Uchouten Kazoku, Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui!, Weapons, Weekly Anime, What If, Writing
This week: why I’m not buying the ‘death’ scene in Kakumeiki Valvrave and what leads me to believe so, some recommendations for Yamane on how to properly use a syringe in Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge, questioning the geographies, organizations and structures of cities in Shingeki no Kyojin, Suisei no Gargantia, and To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S, and some additional thoughts on the setting in anime.
Analysis, Art, Biology, Characters, Chihayafuru, City, Colors, Comparison, Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge, Death, Development, Devil Survivor 2, Direction, Disturbing, Emotion, Energy, Food, Future, Geography, Hataraku Maou-sama!, History, Hyakka Ryouran, Kakumeiki Valvrave, Mecha, Observations, Opinions, Perspective, Purpose, Questions, Real World, Romance, Science, Setting, Shingeki no Kyojin, Social Commentary, Society, Sports, Story, Suisei no Gargantia, Surprises, That's Not How Science Works, To Aru Kagaku no Railgun, Water, Weekly Anime
This week: thoughts on why the antagonists of JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure are so brilliant, why the arrival of Juju has significantly improved Sasami-san@Ganbaranai, rationalizing that the Dark Faction in Senran Kagura is more kindhearted than the good guys, and the balanced use of success and failure in Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo.
Analysis, Art, Blood, Characters, Chihayafuru, Chocolate, Church, Comedy, Cute, Direction, Evil, Good, Health, Heartwarming, Image, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Kotoura-san, Little Busters!, Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, Ninjas, Observations, Opinions, Personalities, Perspective, Psycho-Pass, Purpose, Real World, Religion, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, Sasami-san@Ganbaranai, School, Senran Kagura, Setting, Shin Sekai Yori, Social Commentary, Society, Space Brothers, Sports, Story, Tamako Market, Team, Themes, Time Travel, Unpredictable, Weekly Anime, Zetsuen no Tempest
- Summer 2015 – Week 7 Anime Review
- Summer 2015 – Week 6 Anime Review
- Summer 2015 – Week 5 Anime Review
- Summer 2015 – Week 3 Anime Review
- Summer 2015 – First Impressions (Part 4)
- Summer 2015 – First Impressions (Part 3)
- Summer 2015 – First Impressions (Part 2)
- Summer 2015 – First Impressions (Part 1)
- Summer 2015 – Season Preview
- Spring 2015 – Week 13 Anime Review
- C The Money of Soul and Possibility Control
- Dantalian no Shoka
- Dog Days
- Guilty Crown
- Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
- Kimi ni Todoke
- Last Exile
- Me + Other Non-Anime Posts
- Puella Magi Madoka Magica
- Sakamichi no Apollon
- Shinryaku! Ika Musume
- Usagi Drop
- 12 Days of Anime Action Analysis Animation Art Brain Off Brain On Characters Chihayafuru Clichés Clothing Colors Comedy Comparison Cute Death Development Differences Direction Disappointment Dog Days Ecchi Emotion Entertainment Expectations Fantasy Favorites Fighting First Impressions For Fun Friendship Guilty Crown History Interactions JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Kemonomimi Last Exile Light Magi Mecha Memories Mystery Needless Negatives Observations Opinions Panties Persona 4 Personalities Perspective Positives Psycho-Pass Puella Magi Madoka Magica Purpose Questions Real World Romance School Sequel Setting Slice of Life Society Sound Space Brothers Steins;Gate Story Storytelling Style Sword Art Online Tamayura Themes War Weekly Anime What If Writing
- Well, that sucks 1 day ago
- @Yerocha I use the numpad for platformers. It's decent if you can get adjusted to it 2 days ago
- RT @turndayturn: rokka is reallllllllllly good 2 days ago
- Based on the answers on ask.fm regarding screenshots, I'm a freak by taking 100-400 screenshots per ep and sometimes 2800+ in a week 3 days ago
- @Shinmaru I'm thrilled to hear about the the improving health and positive attitude regarding everything. You're making great progress! 5 days ago