Posts Tagged Social Commentary
Last week: examining why Momoka dominates the comedy in Sabagebu!, a justification for why the educational segments in Yama no Susume Second Season are so enjoyable, enjoying the use of parallels in Zankyou no Terror and not understanding Japanese calligraphy at all in Barakamon.
Action, Akame ga Kill!, Aldnoah.Zero, Analysis, Animation, Art, Barakamon, Bullying, Captain Earth, Characters, Chemistry, Colors, Comedy, Creativity, Cultures, Death, Development, Direction, Education, Entertainment, Evil, Favorites, Fighting, Fireworks, Food, Glasslip, Hanayamata, Health, Japan, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Mecha, Observations, Opinions, Parallels, Persona 4, Personalities, Perspective, Questions, Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?, Romance, Sabagebu!, School Club, Seiyuu, Setting, Shounen, Shounen Fight Syndrome, Social Commentary, Sound, Space Dandy, Story, Storytelling, Style, Sword Art Online, Terror, Themes, Tokyo Ghoul, Tsundere, Unique, Weekly Anime, Writing, Yama no Susume, Zankyou no Terror
This week: why Flamenco Girl is evil in Samurai Flamenco, appreciating how Kyousogiga is reusing its material by expanding on its recaps, why the storytelling outdid the unique visuals in Monogatari Series Second Season, and questioning the schoolgirl uniform attire in Coppelion.
Analysis, Animation, Art, Biology, BlazBlue, Characters, Clichés, Clothing, Comedy, Coppelion, Development, Direction, Drunk, Ecchi, Emotion, Evil, Exploration, Favorites, Freezing, Friendship, Galilei Donna, Good, Health, Hero, History, Interactions, Kakumeiki Valvrave, KILL la KILL, Kyousogiga, Logic, Magi, Magical Girl, Mecha, Memories, Monogatari Series, Nagi no Asukara, Negatives, Non Non Biyori, Observations, Opinions, Perspective, Positives, Purpose, Questions, Recap, Romance, Sakuga, Samurai Flamenco, School, Sequel, Setting, Social Commentary, Society, Story, Storytelling, That's Not How Science Works, Treasure Hunt, Villains, Weekly Anime, Writing, Yozakura Quartet
This week: trying to find a weakness in KILL la KILL, complaints about the endless backstories in Kyousogiga, splitting the characters to revitalize Magi: The Kingdom of Magic, and trying to figure out what’s gonna happen in Gingitsune.
Analysis, Biology, BlazBlue, Characters, Clothing, Comedy, Coppelion, Development, Direction, Disappointment, Ecchi, Favorites, Fighting, Freezing, Friendship, Galilei Donna, Gingitsune, Hero, History, Improvement, Interactions, Kakumeiki Valvrave, Kemonomimi, KILL la KILL, Kyousogiga, Magi, Mawaru Penguindrum, Nagi no Asukara, Negatives, Observations, Opinions, Pacing, Personalities, Positives, Purpose, Questions, Samurai Flamenco, Science, Setting, Social Commentary, Society, Story, Storytelling, Team, That's Not How Science Works, Themes, Water, Weekly Anime, Writing, Youkai, Yozakura Quartet
This week: social commentary on social media in Gatchaman Crowds, questioning the ability of transformation in Uchouten Kazoku, realizing how Tamayura ~more aggressive~ is beginning to feel more like Aria and wondering what else Monogatari Series Second Season could’ve done with an older Hachikuji.
Alternative Timelines, Animals, Anime Industry, Aria, Characters, Communication, Demons, Development, Differences, Direction, Ecchi, Fate/kaleid linear Prisma Illya, Favorites, Feelings, Folklore, Food, Gatchaman Crowds, Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou, Improvement, Internet, Kakumeiki Valvrave, Kemonomimi, Monogatari Series, Observations, One Piece, Opinions, Personalities, Prison, Questions, School Club, Setting, Social Commentary, Social Media, Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C3-bu, Story, Storytelling, Tamayura, Technology, Time Travel, Transformations, Uchouten Kazoku, Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui!, Weapons, Weekly Anime, What If, Writing
This week: why I’m not buying the ‘death’ scene in Kakumeiki Valvrave and what leads me to believe so, some recommendations for Yamane on how to properly use a syringe in Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge, questioning the geographies, organizations and structures of cities in Shingeki no Kyojin, Suisei no Gargantia, and To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S, and some additional thoughts on the setting in anime.
Analysis, Art, Biology, Characters, Chihayafuru, City, Colors, Comparison, Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge, Death, Development, Devil Survivor 2, Direction, Disturbing, Emotion, Energy, Food, Future, Geography, Hataraku Maou-sama!, History, Hyakka Ryouran, Kakumeiki Valvrave, Mecha, Observations, Opinions, Perspective, Purpose, Questions, Real World, Romance, Science, Setting, Shingeki no Kyojin, Social Commentary, Society, Sports, Story, Suisei no Gargantia, Surprises, That's Not How Science Works, To Aru Kagaku no Railgun, Water, Weekly Anime
This week: thoughts on why the antagonists of JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure are so brilliant, why the arrival of Juju has significantly improved Sasami-san@Ganbaranai, rationalizing that the Dark Faction in Senran Kagura is more kindhearted than the good guys, and the balanced use of success and failure in Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo.
Analysis, Art, Blood, Characters, Chihayafuru, Chocolate, Church, Comedy, Cute, Direction, Evil, Good, Health, Heartwarming, Image, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Kotoura-san, Little Busters!, Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, Ninjas, Observations, Opinions, Personalities, Perspective, Psycho-Pass, Purpose, Real World, Religion, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, Sasami-san@Ganbaranai, School, Senran Kagura, Setting, Shin Sekai Yori, Social Commentary, Society, Space Brothers, Sports, Story, Tamako Market, Team, Themes, Time Travel, Unpredictable, Weekly Anime, Zetsuen no Tempest
Like, fifty weeks ago or something: questions about the running gag in Sasami-san@Ganbaranai, the enjoyable school scenes in Chihayafuru 2, solving Haruka’s problems quickly in Kotoura-san, and something I dread with every episode of Space Brothers now.
Analysis, Characters, Chihayafuru, Clichés, Comedy, Death, Development, Direction, Ecchi, Emotion, Entertainment, Friendship, Interactions, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Justice, Kotoura-san, Leadership, Little Busters!, Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, Observations, Opinions, Personalities, Perspective, Positives, Psycho-Pass, Purpose, Questions, Real World, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, Sasami-san@Ganbaranai, School, Senran Kagura, Setting, Social Commentary, Sound, Space Brothers, Story, Tamako Market, Themes, Weekly Anime, Zetsuen no Tempest
- Spring 2015 – Week 3 Anime Review
- Spring 2015 – First Impressions (Part 3)
- Spring 2015 – First Impressions (Part 2)
- Spring 2015 – First Impressions (Part 1)
- Spring 2015 – Season Preview
- Winter 2015 – Week 12 Anime Review
- Winter 2015 – Week 5 Anime Review
- Winter 2015 – Week 4 Anime Review
- Winter 2015 – Week 3 Anime Review
- Winter 2015 – Week 2 Anime Review
- C The Money of Soul and Possibility Control
- Dantalian no Shoka
- Dog Days
- Guilty Crown
- Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
- Kimi ni Todoke
- Last Exile
- Me + Other Non-Anime Posts
- Puella Magi Madoka Magica
- Sakamichi no Apollon
- Shinryaku! Ika Musume
- Usagi Drop
- 12 Days of Anime Action Analysis Animation Art Brain Off Brain On Characters Chihayafuru Clichés Clothing Colors Comedy Comparison Death Development Differences Direction Disappointment Dog Days Ecchi Emotion Entertainment Expectations Fantasy Favorites Fighting First Impressions For Fun Friendship Guilty Crown History Interactions JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Kemonomimi KILL la KILL Last Exile Light Magi Mecha Medaka Box Memories Mystery Needless Negatives Observations Opinions Panties Persona 4 Personalities Perspective Positives Potential Psycho-Pass Puella Magi Madoka Magica Purpose Questions Real World Romance School Sequel Setting Society Sound Space Brothers Steins;Gate Story Storytelling Sword Art Online Tamayura Themes War Weekly Anime What If Writing
- Week 3 Anime Review - avvesione.wordpress.com/2015/04/25/spr… - concern w/ Plastic Memories, a time & place for Arslan, censorship in FSN and more. Enjoy! 8 hours ago
- Finished my review of the 1st episodes for Spring 2015. Love Story!!, Mikagura, Punchline, Yamada & Ninja Slayer: avvesione.wordpress.com/2015/04/23/spr… 2 days ago
- @Andtheworlds yup. On her profile pic on ZUN's blog, she has a gun with bunny ears on top 3 days ago
- How many hours ago was Touhou 15 announced? There's already a lot of fan art out of Reisen with her new bunny-eared gun 3 days ago
- Playable Reisen in Touhou 15 will be fun. Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom leads me to believe it'll be on the Moon, meaning more rabbits? 3 days ago